Revision as of 14:57, 23 November 2010 by Murrayc
- Table Add/Remove: Plus set a startup default, and hide secondary tables from users.
- Field Definitions: Just the basics.
- Calculated Fields: For instance, totals, concatenation. Uses python. Recalculates existing values when changing the calculation.
- Relationship Definitions
- List and Details views
- Automatic Layout: No awkward pixel-perfect positioning and no mess when translating.
- Layout Design: Not pretty, but it works.
- Related Fields: Show fields from related records, such as a contact name. Optionally create/edit related records via this.
- Related Records: Show a list of related records on the layout, such as invoice lines. Create related records automatically.
- Lookups: Store values from related records, such as a product price.
- Drop-down choices "Value Lists" in FileMaker. For instance, a list of products when entering a product code.
- Internationalized input and display: For instance, commas instead of dots for German numbers.
- Access Control: Define groups (containing users) and their create/delete/view/edit rights for each table.
- Finding: Let the user enter text in the regular layout and just click Find. No query language, no choosing fields, no explicit boolean nonsense. Do substring case-insensitive searching instead of for exact matches.
- Printing: Simple default print layout, to HTML in the browser.
- Simple "By" Reports
- Minimal formatting options: Optional thousands separator, optional currency, decimal places. With check box to specify default formatting instead, with default formatting options as part of the field definition dialog.
- Image fields: Show and save pictures in the database.
- Related field Details button: A button next to IDs, when that is part of a to-one relationship, which takes the user to the full details for that related record.
- Find ID button: A button next to lookup keys (fields used by looked-up fields) that opens a find dialog, to find an ID. Necessary when a drop-down list would be too big.
- Remember Position: When returning to a table, in the same session, show the same layout (list or details) and the same record as last time.
- Quick Find: Add an Entry to the layout in Find mode, use the input to search all fields, google-style. Time: 30 hours.
- Find-Set information: Show whether we are looking at all records or just the result of a find. Allow us to change to all records Time: 20 hours.
- Internationalization: Allow developers to enter titles (tables, fields, reports, relationships) for non-english languages. Time: 60 hours.
- Scripting: Buttons may be added to the layout. When clicked they run custom python code.
- System Properties relationship: Add "system properties" relationship to all lists of relationships, to provide access to, for instance, the organisation address. Time: 30 hours.
- Doubly Related fields: For instance, allow Character::Actor(via Character::contact_id)::Agent(via Contacts::agent_id)::name on a Character details view.
- Tabs: Add a notebook layout part. For instance, this would allow multiple related portals without making the layout huge.
- Sort Found Set: Click on list column headers to sort.
- Choose Date From Calendar: Add a calendar button next to date fields.
- Tests: Make sure it all works together.